Saturday, November 21, 2009

Make a Wish

I was just watching a Japanimation, and they mentioned making wishes on shooting stars. But I hate making wishes. Like when you eat foldy chips, or on New Year's Eve, or anything like that. Wishes make you remember the things that you don't have. They make me kind of sad. And in particular, they make me remember the things that are wrong with me. Not so much like, the "I wish I was taller" or "I wish I was more good looking" or "I wish I was richer". More like, "I wish I wouldn't screw up so much" or "I wish I was a better son/brother/friend" or "I wish I could live up to my own standards". They make me feel rotten on the inside. But it's not their fault or anything. It's just my own. And that makes me feel even worse. If feeling bad was a wish's fault, then I wouldn't be to blame. But I am. Oh, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment